We are all used to the fact that protein cream is egg whites and sugar. And we do not expect to see butter in the list of ingredients! Yes, it is butter that will reveal this cream in a new way! This classic Swiss protein-butter cream recipe is suitable for a variety of pastries. The oily structure will melt in the mouth, leaving a pleasant aftertaste.
1. Beat the egg whites and sugar over the water bath until the mixture is hot (up to about 60 degrees)
2. Transfer the mixture from the hot bowl to a bowl at room temperature and whisk again at medium speed. Proteins must be resistant. Then cut the butter into pieces of about 5 cm. It should be at room temperature.
3. Add half the butter to the whites, mix. Then put the remaining half of the oil and whisk, starting with a small speed and increasing to large.
4. Continue whipping until the mixture begins to look light and fluffy. Slow down to a minimum and add lemon juice. At low speed, beat for 1 minute, then another 1 minute for medium.
5. The cream can be stored in the freezer in a tightly-closed container for up to 3 months.