Outside the window is white and white, and the house is warm and cozy. Long holidays have to culinary experiments. Let’s make something snowy and very tender for tea – macaroons with a bright vanilla aroma!
German macaroons are simple shortbread cookies made from crescent-shaped almond flour. Such a delicious treat is suitable for New Year and Christmas celebrations.
Try to make almond festive treats with children and on New Year’s Eve leave a few snow cookies under the tree as a surprise for Santa Claus. This culinary experiment you will remember for a long time!
Preparation time for ingredients: 20 minutes
Total cooking time: 35 minutes
Output: about 40 cookies
1. In a medium bowl, beat 200 g of room temperature butter and 150 g of caster sugar to an airy creamy mass. Add 1 tsp. vanilla, a pinch of almond extract, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt, mix all ingredients until smooth.
2. In another bowl, mix the chopped almonds (or almond flour) and wheat flour. Add the dry ingredients to the cooked creamy mass (step 1), mix all the ingredients until smooth and knead the dough. On a dough board, lightly sprinkled with flour, or another working surface, roll out the resulting dough with a rolling pin into a layer at least 10 mm thick.
3. Cut the circles out of the dough using the rim of the glass. After the formation of the first circle, move the bezel by 25-30 cm and make the second circle, receiving two crescents from the dough and one oval. Thus form 30-40 cookies in the form of a crescent. Re-roll the resulting oval-shaped dough shapes to make the next crescents. Do not worry if your first crescents from the dough do not have the ideal form, a little perseverance and practice – and everything will turn out!
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the crescents on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be golden, and the middle should have time to bake.
5. Make ready, still warm cookies, roll in icing sugar or vanilla sugar, and then let it cool completely. Store snow cookies in a container with a tightly closed lid – so they will remain fresh and soft for several weeks (for those who do not eat all the snow treat for an hour)!
Energy value for 1 portion: