Since this holiday eggnog on an alcoholic basis, make sure that it does not fall into the hands of children! For the rest – enjoy the holidays!
Total cooking time: about half an hour plus cooling time
1. In a large saucepan, mix the eggs, yolks, sugar and salt. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
2. Continuing to stir, slowly and evenly pour milk into the pan. It should be a homogeneous mass.
3. Place the pot on a slow fire and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and becomes dripping with a spoon. Be patient.
4. Remove from heat and strain through a fine sieve into a large bowl to remove small cooked pieces of egg.
5. Add your alcohol of choice, then vanilla extract and nutmeg. Stir.
6. Pour into a jug or carafe and tightly cover with a lid or cling film. Put in the fridge for four hours.
7. Serve in chilled glasses or cocktail glasses, garnished with whipped cream and nutmeg.
8. Enjoy the party and drink!
Photo: The Spruce